Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cree Resources

Exciting news!  I have been having so much fun creating resources, mostly games, for my class to use and posting them to my TPT store.  I've been talking about it all over school, and spending HOURS downloading fonts, clipart, backgrounds and borders, and my student teacher, who used to be the Cree Instructor here for years and years was saying that she always wanted a way to share the materials she had created.

 So I suggested that we work together - if she helps with the Cree side of things, I am willing to package up her material and find a way to sell or distribute it.  So I've been busy the last few days making a Cree version of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear", complete with games, posters and mini books for the students to complete. 

It's been a lot of work, but so much fun, and the nice thing is that I, as a none-Cree speaker, would feel comfortable using these materials in the classroom.  I'm almost done, could even finish it tonight, but I'm waiting for some pictures I purchased on Etsy to be sent through...dum, dum, dum.......

So in the meantime I'm looking up clipart for my next project and thinking about making more clock matching games. 

Oh, what I would do for unlimited high-speed internet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment